Thursday, February 03, 2011

"Snow fields two"
Mini 3x5 oil on copper
Nita Leger Casey
Last year when I went to Snow camp ,I met Renee Lammers who was painting on copper , me who always wants to try new things , like I don't do enough! must be a disease artists have . While in Maine this past summer I painted a few seascape and liked very much , it has a different feel to it and great for miniatures ,I wouldn't recommend this for larger work . painting with Renee again this past week end where we braced the cold together in these beautiful snow fields and exchanged ideas when we would go warm up by the fire, it was a treat .
Well today I went to clean my studio at the mill as we have open studios this Saturday ,but the weather forecast doesn't look so good more snow for Saturday , when I drove in to Lowell today the roads were very narrow , not much room left for the snow , the banks look like mountains .
Western Avenue open studios in Lowell , this Saturday noon to 5PM
this painting is available , email me nlcasey@charter.net .

No comments: