Thursday, February 24, 2011

Winter at St Anne in Kennebunkport
6x6 oil on panel (C)2011
Nita Leger Casey
I had a great day today , going to Maine with my two friends, our destination was The Pastel Painters of Maine meeting at Heartwood college , but I made my friends get up early so we could go take sight scene ride to the wonderful Kennebunkport village before the meeting , it was quiet and peaceful not your usual busy tourist attraction , drove down Ocean Avenue to see all the beautiful homes and go By st Ann's church , I have painted this church a few times but never in the winter , so here is is painted with a limited palette ,witch I think I will do more , i love all the range of muted colors .The meeting was very nice seeing friends again ,first time since last year , it's about 100 miles from my house so I do not see them as ofter as I want , a Lecture with a pastel artist Tim Parks was very interesting , a Master pastelist!
a stop in Portsmouth made the day complete .

No comments: