Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Boston Garden
watercolor 5x7 ,copyrighted 2010
Nita Leger Casey sold
Back to the watercolors , I had a couple weeks of diversions painting with pastel ,witch I like very much to do landscapes , and I love painting Maine !
Two weeks ago in the hottest day in May, I was at the Boston Garden spending time while waiting for Tim , I decided to take a ride on the Swan boats ,of all the years living here ,I had never done it , you never do tourist things in your own city, but sometimes we should . I took a lot of photos from the boat , it was fun! I later sketch a scene very similar to this one , but was not happy with it , it was so hot that day! today I tried again and here it is .
email me if you are interested nlcasey@charter.net

2 comments:

Margaret said...

As a child, I read "Make Way for Ducklings" 100 times. This is the place in the book, I believe. You captured the light and the "oasis" in the middle of the city so well. Wonderful!

Nita Leger Casey said...

Margaret,
Yes, it is where the book was written , my kids loved that book as well !
thanks for the compliments .