Tuesday, June 15, 2010

'Boston 's famous Swan Boats "
Watercolor 5x7 copyrighted 2010
Nita Leger Casey Sold

I told you yesterday that two weeks ago I took a ride on the Swan Boats , I was amazed how reasonable it was $ 2.75 for adults and $ 1.50 for kids , that is one very nice thing to do if you visit The Boston Garden , and you won't break the bank ! a young couple on the boat were laughing how they had gone to college here , and never did this , I guess it's a joke between students to go on them , they grew up I guess! As for me I just never took the time , we lived overseas for a long time when our kids were small ! then we moved on the border of New Hampshire, the Simple pleasure is sometimes right in front of you , these boats have so much history ,check it out!
The funny thing of this story , is my Father- in-law's first cousin Margaret married the son of the family who started the boats , my husband told me when he was little he used to go free.
Also the famous book ,Make way for the ducklings was written from the Boston Garden .
So here is bit of History ! of the famous Boston Gardens .
Email me if you are interested , nlcasey@charter.net

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I am really enjoying your pictures of Boston and hope you do more! Hey, just go ahead and re-illustrate the book Make Way for Ducklings! A watercolor version would be very nice. :)

Ingrid Christensen said...

Great painting Nita. I love the energy and complexity of it. Hard to believe it's only 5 x 7.

Vee said...

I've been to Boston Garden and had no idea how reasonable the Swan boat ride is. I'll have to give it a whirl next time. Love this painting...so joyful with wonderful colors. And you sold it already! Excellent.