Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Juliet from the Boston Garden '
Miniature 2,5x3,5 watercolor , copyrighted 2010
Nita Leger Casey

What a wonderful day I had today , Went back to the Boston Garden to take more reference photos of flowers ducks swans etc... while I was there by the famous Swan boats , I decided to ask a lady who worked at the gift shop if she knew the owners , and she pointed at a tall gentleman ,I asked him if he was the son of my husband's cousin , he was ! and said she is right there , Peggy who is 82 years old is still selling tickets there three times a week , I had not seen this lady for at least 16 years , so happy to have seen her again , I had fond memories of her when I came to this country 45 years ago . Exited to tell my husband about it ,after his Dr appointment I brought him back to the garden to see his longtime cousins , it was a happy reunion !
I am really getting to know Boston driving all over the place , if you go there the best place to park is under the common . When we got home I only had time to paint a miniature of Juliet you may read about them Romeo and Juliet who live in the Boston Garden .
email me if you are interested , nlcasey@charter.net
also if you come to town make sure you visit the Swan Boats , an old Boston tradition .

No comments: