Monday, January 31, 2011

The Coca Cola machine
watercolor 5x7 (C)2011
Nita Leger Casey
I just got home from a wonderful three day week end painting in the beautiful snowy mountains of NH, what we call snow camp! the sitting is at a nostalgic Grand Inn ,called the Sunset Hill house, it was an oil painting workshop ,but this morning when I looked out of my window I saw the Golf Club house under a morning sun and I couldn't help myself but paint this little scene in watercolor sitting on the edge of my bed before I came down for breakfast , it's also funny to see this Coca Cola machine with the snow . After a wonderful Breakfast we all went out in the snow ,not easy to walk in when we just had so much of it, but we managed and watched Stape paint another beauty ,and later we attacked our own ,the day was clear, Lafayette mountain and Cannon Mountain looked majestic, we also could see MT Washington at a far distance ,so this is what I worked on today a mountains scene ,I came home with 5 oils , I must do some finishing touch on them before I post them . another wonderful experience to be with fellow artists and friends .

1 comment:

Liza Hirst said...

This is sooo beautiul, Nita!
And your workshop in the snow sounds great - wish I could have been there, too.