Friday, January 16, 2009

Homage to Andrew Wyeth " the Olson house"/studio/ museum
Watercolor 15 x 22 copyrighted 2006
A sad day for the art world , Andrew Wyeth passed away today at the age of 91. one of the best American painter . The painting above, I painted couple years ago for a demonstration for the Lexington art society it was done in front of an audience in a couple hours . I have visited the Olson house in Cushing a few times and always been fascinated by it , this is where he painted Christyna's world , one of the most famous painting ,the house is part of the the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland , Maine
they have the largest art collection of all the Wyeth family . Every year my friends and I stop there on our way to Lubec .I have seen the house in the winter , spring and summer , a beautiful place to visit ,tourists come from all over the world to see it .

No comments: