Sunday, March 24, 2013

Down in the village

Watercolor 8x10
copyrighted 2013
Nita Leger Casey
I painted this during the week but just getting to post it now, this was a scene from my recent trip to France, I just wanted to capture this great light, that got my attention while I was at this village visiting a castle above this little town, and the scene called for a watercolor .
Today was a bad day for me, my beautiful hens that I have painted a few times ,well this morning  a predator  killed them ,we think a fox my neighbor thinks a hawk ,not sure? I feel so bad for my little rooster who survived and now is all alone, he did put out a fight ,feathers all over the place.
email if you would like this watercolor  nlcasey@charter.net    

1 comment:

Vee said...

Oh no! I am so sorry about the little hens. Who knows what horrors the rooster saw? Sigh. Such is life in the hen house.