Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Coming in the village

pastel 9x12, copyrighted 2013
Nita Leger Casey
I am back! I was in France for ten days with all attentions of painting and blogging, but it did not happen,I visited with my family and had a wonderful time, I visited with 26 relatives and 15 friends, lots of catching up on a few years not being there, some friends were from my school days so it was a lot of years! the weather was not the greatest,but managed to still take a lot of photos to work from.We had snow a couple of the days ,it had been so many years since I had experienced snow there, I am used to it living in New England but it was still nice to see the difference in the landscape. A lot of wonderful meals not weight watchers and I enjoyed every bit of it .
So today was my first day going to my studio to painting this scene, just a simple village! just liked the way the sun was hitting the buildings .
if you are interested in this scene email me nlcasey@charter.net

2 comments:

Vee said...

Oh how wonderful to get to visit with family and old friends in the Old Country. I can only imagine your join in being reunited with everyone again. Too bad that you didn't miss out on bad weather. Snow must add some interest to a few of the scenes there, though, right? =D

Susan said...

Lovely painting and how lovely for you to visit in france for awhile. Your show in Lowell looks quite nice.