Sunday, January 09, 2011

Galette des Rois
Watercolor 5x7 , copyrighted2011
Nita Leger Casey
I couldn't eat the Galette I made this morning so I decided to paint it instead , it's not I didn't like it but just started a diet and I am trying to stick to it , not easy ! i did have a sliver to make sure it tasted good when I gave Tim a slice with his coffee , he said it tasted just like in France , so I think I did good. It all started yesterday when I posted on Facebook about the Galette des rois a traditional Epiphany cake we eat the Sunday after new years , actually it had come to my mind when I called my Sister in France earlier in the day and asked her if she was going to eat some, thinking of our home tradition . My friends all commented on it my kids also ,so this morning I got up and made it , to my surprise it came out nice, in France we buy it from the patisserie.
If you are interested in the watercolor email me ,nlcase@charter.net

No comments: