Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Irish cottage, copyrighted 2009
oil 10x10 on canvas , painted on all sides
This is the cottage where some of the cousins used to live , in a small town on the ring of Kerry, when my son was younger, like 30 years ago , we would spend our vacations there and he used to say , I love it here because everybody knows us ! when the relatives used to come from America it was a big deal , I think all of that has changed , but it sure was fun to step back in time, and I am glad all my children and grand children have experienced both side of their roots , Ireland and France. My younger son used to say he was Farish,he made it up .
I always take commission work , if you have a photo of a house that means lots of memories to you , contact me ,nlcasey@charter.net


1 comment:

Sadia said...

Beautiful painting Nita!
It has a dreamlike , surreal look about it. Excellent use of colors!