Sunday, February 26, 2012

new calf at the farm

Miniature , acrylic (c)2012
Nita Leger Casey
One night a few years ago my friends (all artists) and I  watch this little calf being born  at the farm where we have our retreat , we had spent about  three or four hours in the barn sitting on up side down milk bucket feeling every labor pain this poor cow was feeling, she couldn't find a comfortable place ,all of us being mothers, we knew what she was going through, finely one leg at a time coming out and it was not going to be easy ,thank god for the brave  farmer who had to use ropes to pull that baby out with all the strenth he had , it was like a miracle! she could of never have her by herself , it was an experience I will never forget .We all loved that little calf , the next year she was so beautiful in the pasture ,she was going to be a good milker ,organic that is !

1 comment:

Vee said...

Wow! What an experience. I don't think that I could've watched.