Thursday, December 17, 2009

Montmartre ,Paris , watercolor 5x7 copyrighted 2009
Nita Leger Casey
Le Quartier de Montmartre , a very popular area in Paris where all the artists have their kiosk.
Montmartre is a hill which is 130 meters high, giving its name to the surrounding district, in the north of Paris in the 18th arrondissement, a part of the Right Bank. Montmartre is primarily known for the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré Cœur on its summit and as a nightclub district.
It has been some years since I have been there ,I think it was when we took my future daughter in law at the time , we wanted to show her the city , coming from a small town in Maryland she was impress ! This scene is from one of my photos I took there . I always work with my own reference, I insist that I must have experience the area that I will paint later, I also never use someone else photo, unless it's a specific commission a collector wants .
email me if you are interested . Watercolors look very nice matted with a simple frame .

No comments: