Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Coming in Pepperell

Pastel 9x12 ,copyrighted 2012
Nita Leger  Casey
I went by this scene two days in a row, I kept looking at the shadows on the bright red brick, and you know when I see something that hit me, I have to paint it ! it's up the street from my house, my town is very cute and very New England I have endless scenes to paint if I want. I have chosen Pastel and kept loose ,more impressionistic style. Normally this scene should be deep in snow, it is now February and still no snow, I am sure we will get some at some point !
email me if you are interested in this painting ,nlcasey@charter.net

1 comment:

Vee said...

You do live in a quaint New England village. Just look at all those different 19th Century homes. You must be considered the resident artist documenting so much of the architecture of your corner.

No snow at all? That is odd. I can remember only a handful of winters with no snow. This isn't one of them, but it has been an "easy" winter thus far.