Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Les Chevaux de bois

 Les Chevaux de bois
Watercolor 5x7 (c) 2011 by Nita Leger Casey
Here is another one I have wanted to do for a longtime , I took these photos of carousels when they come every year  in the town field and wanted to paint them with a minimum details,but mostly capture the light on them . I take thousands of photos every year then forget about them until I am looking for something else in the folder and my memory comes back why i took this ,getting old is not funny! I waste more time looking for things .
When I was a young child in Orleans, sur la place de la gare , I always wanted to ride the carousel when we went downtown ,but my parents would trick me and take a different street so I wouldn't see it .
This painting is available email me nlcasey@charter.net

1 comment:

Studio at the Farm said...

I love carousels, Too, Nita. I would get on anything horse-like when I was small ... statues, the rides in the grocery stores ... And now I have the real thing standing out in back, waiting for his breakfast/part 2.