Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter stream

6x6 acrylic  ©2014
Nita Leger Casey
I just wanted to try a limited palette today with a scene out of my head, well these scenes of small steams with snow are actually everywhere right now, we have been covered with snow for months now, how could you miss them? I really was not in the mood to paint but forced myself to do something, after my daughter lost her beautiful dog today, from a virus and he was only 7years old.
We love these dogs and they break you heart when we loose them, painting was my escape today. Keeping my blog with new work has been a challenge lately, too many things to do, other projects and  daily chores getting in the way , hope to be more faithful to it !    

1 comment:

Vee said...

Oh I am so sorry that your daughter has suffered the loss of a beloved pet. Seven is so young. Glad that you found some relief in forcing yourself to paint...it's lovely and looks about a week or two off here.